The following papers by Mark Sedgwick deal, at least in part, with Traditionalism.
- "The 'Traditionalist' Shadhiliyya in the West: Guénonians and Schuonians." Conference on "Une école spirituelle dans le monde: la voie soufie des Shâdhilis," organized by UNESCO / Centre Nationale de Recherche Scientifique (France). Alexandria, April 18-22, 2003.
- "The Renaissance Returns to Europe by Way of Tehran: Traditionalism and the Localization of Islam." Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute, Fourth Mediterranean Political and Social Research Meeting. Florence, March 19-23, 2003.
- "Sufism and Modernity: Anti-Sufi Stereotypes and the Budshishiyya's response." American Academy of Religion, annual meeting, Toronto (Canada), November 23-26, 2002.
- "Transatlantic Sufi Mutations." Colloquium on "Society and History of Ideas in the Transatlantic World," University of Bordeaux (Bordeaux, France), February 15-16, 2002.
- "The Imperial Iranian Academy of Philosophy and the Debate on Religious Pluralism in the Islamic Republic of Iran." Middle East Studies Association, 35th annual meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 17-20, 2001.
- "Against Modernity: Western Traditionalism and Islam." Middle East Studies Association, 34th annual meeting, Orlando, FL, November 16-19, 2000.
- "Russian Traditionalism." Center for Studies on New Religions, 14th international congress, Riga (Latvia), August 29-31, 2000.
- "Sufi Responses to Ideological Challenge." American Historical Association, 114th annual meeting, Chicago, IL, January 6-9, 2000.
" Marginal Muslims in Cyberspace : The implications of the Web for Traditionalists, and of Traditionalists on the Web for Islam." The fourth Nordic conference on Middle Eastern Studies, Oslo, 13-16 August 1998.
- "How Traditional are the Traditionalists? The Case of the Guénonian Sufis." Center for Studies on New Religions, 11th international congress, Amsterdam (Netherlands), August 7-9, 1997.
- "Guénonian Traditionalists and Western Sufis." American University in Cairo, 3rd annual conference on Cross-Cultural Encounters in the Mediterranean, Cairo (Egypt), May 13-15, 1997.